As a manager or supervisor, have you ever wondered how you can help your team work more effectively, deal with challenges or workplace change when they arise and be the best that they can be? Managing the work your team sets out to do can be rewarding and at times, frustrating. Learning the competencies to optimize team talent starts with hiring the right folks at the right time with the right skills to do the job.
Your job as a manager includes providing your team members with the learning opportunities they need to be successful. We all know that from time to time however, some people need more coaching than others. Do you know what it takes to be an effective coach? What happens if a team member needs time off to deal with an illness or injury? What do you do then? What if he/she breaches a policy? What can/should you do to support them?
The OHA’s Managing Human Resources
course provides participants with best practices in the areas of recruitment and selection, employee management to optimize talent, Labour relations, wellness promotion and attendance and disability management. Come and learn how you can enhance your HR competencies and help your team be more successful.
This three-day course offers an introduction to the HR management concepts required to help employees perform at their highest standard. After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the competencies required to be an effective leader
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of current and future labour markets
- Explore advantages and disadvantages of various recruitment and selection strategies
- Review best practices in interviewing, performance evaluation, and employee/labour relations
- Understand how collective agreements are constructed and your right to manage within a unionized environment
- Maximize personal and organizational performance by using various management and coaching styles
- Create a total health and productivity environment through a review of comprehensive wellness programming